WerFault.exe Application Error
LILLIE GRIMMETT asked on January 6, 2013. Status: Answered & Closed.
Windows 8 Evaluation WerFault exe Application Error
» I have windows 8 evaluation & I am getting an error message WerFault.exe-Application Error referenced memory at 0x76b71d73 it says click to terminate the program but it won't go.
The werfault.exe is used for Windows Error Reporting. It is a feature that allows Microsoft to track and address errors relating to the operating system, Windows features, and applications. It gives you the option to send data about errors to Microsoft and to receive information about solutions.
The exe file runs programs, it is thus one of the most useful types of files, but this also makes it potentially harmful. It can be used as a carrier for viruses (TrojanDownloader:Win32/Cbeplay.Q) or other malicious programs. If one clicks on a malicious exe file, over the next several hours or days the computer might become unstable. Often the user does not relate the problem back to the cause and attributes it to other factors, such as the need to defragment or replace a disk. Personal information or password keystrokes might be handed over to an unknown website without knowledge of the user, or the machine might delete its own files and crash altogether. Any of these scenarios and more can be set in motion by simply clicking on a 'bad' exe file.
For all the .exe file related problems caused by adware, worms, viruses, Trojan, spyware and malware, such as slow pc, high usage of CPU/memory, system crashes and so on, DLL Suite will be the best solution for you to troubleshoot and remove the exe virus infection automatically as a geek!
Download DLL Suite, install and run > Click Dashboard menu and > Click Scan DLL Errors button > Click Fix DLL Errors button after the scan. And all the problems directly associated with .exe files are fixed, because of the built-in feature of Fix EXE Virus in the Dashboard menu.
ROBERT GONZALES replied on January 13, 2013
- MARK HOLMES replied on January 6, 2013: » Method 1: Perform a clean boot and check if the issue persists. Follow the instructions given below to perform a clean boot. Warning : A clean boot might temporarily disable applications including your security software. Disabling antivirus or antispyware software might increase your security risk. Make sure that you revert the clean boot steps once you have performed all the troubleshooting. If you're connected to the Internet or a network while your antivirus software is disabled, your computer is vulnerable to attacks.
Method 2: Disable Error reporting on the computer. Restart the computer once and check if the issue persists.
- LYNNEL KLINKENBERG replied on January 7, 2013: » At first I started the note in a safe mode. There was no error. So I think that problem is not in a system. And I removed all aplications from Startup and all aplications from Lenovo (my note from Lenovo). Now it works well. No error yet
- KELLI BUTLER replied on January 8, 2013: » FOR LENOVO USERS: reload in safe mode (win+r\msconfig) > removed all apps from startup > reload again in safe mode > my notebook produced by Lenovo, i removed these programms:
Dolby Home Theater v4\pcee4.exe;
Lenovo\OneKey App\OneKey Recovery\MUITransfer\MUIStartMenu.exe;
- JANET DWYER replied on January 8, 2013: » I resolved the issue but at a cost. I did a windows refresh which is an option available in the Action centre. The issue got resolved but it will remove all the incompatible software which u need to re install again. On the desktop it will create a file called removed software which will contain list of software removed which u can reinstall which would support windows 8.
- MICHAEL HOWARDN replied on January 9, 2013: » Just uninstall One Key Theator tool from Lenovo and it will works, even without restarting the windows. :)
DLL Q & A you might like:
- 3 ways DLL Suite can fix your Windows missing DLL file error »
- Every Downloaded exe File Being Infected and Deleted »
- SAL.xls.exe Virus and Resulting Damage »
- Why DLL Suite can effectively fix DLL errors »
- SVCHOST.exe Trouble: Using Up 25% of My CPU »
- Unable to Reinstall Missing Rundll32.exe or Open .exe Files »
- Unable to Remove Infection Kvthost.exe »
- How to fix "DLL was not found" errors for Windows PCs »
- How Do I Reinstall WLDCore.dll »
- AUDIODG.EXE High Cpu Usage On NEW Computer »