How to download DLL files for free for Microsoft Windows PCs
DLL, also written as dynamic link library, is the shared lab for Microsoft Windows operating system. It contains the file extensions with .dll, .exe, .sys, drv, .fon and .ocx. DLL is used to support Windows and software programs startup, if there is any problem or damage to DLL file, your computer would no longer perform well. The most common symptom of DLL error is .dll is missing or was not found.
When you experience these kinds of problems, you need to use DLL fixer to repair them to ensure that your computer can work correctly. To fix and repair DLL errors, you can download DLL files to your computer first and then take associated steps.
This article displays how to free download DLL, repair DLL and fix DLL errors automatically with step-by-step instructions.
Detailed instructions for free DLLs download:
Download DLL file from your recovery CD.
If you had purchased Backup CD when you ordered Microsoft Windows systems (E.g. Windows 8 Professional 64-bit), you can take the following steps to get your missing DLL files back.
- Insert your system setup CD into CD-ROM.
- Locate to the file directory
- Copy the file and paste it to your system root, as usual, it is C:\.
Retrieve DLL file from another computer.
Note: Before you download your needed DLL files, please make sure that the system installed on that machine is the same with yours. Otherwise, incorrect DLL replacement can result in program freezing, and even system crashing.
To start, you can take the following steps:
- Insert your USB to the PC
- Copy and paste the file to your USB
- Insert your USB to your computer
- Save the file to where it is
Get missing DLL download by using DLL Suite.
For the PCs non-installed with DLL Suite:
Note: If you don't have a recovery CD or can't download the file from another PC, you can try using DLL Suite to get your missing DLL back. DLL Suite features DLL download tools for the computers either installed or non-installed it.
For the PCs installed with DLL Suite:
- Run DLL Suite and click DLL Download – Free menu.
- DLL Suite will start to find any missing, corrupted, removed, deleted and modified DLL files on your computer after clicking scan button.
- A list of incorrect DLL files will be displayed after the scan. You can choose what you need and click More Information to continue.
- You will reach a web page where you can find the basic information of your needed DLL file, clicking on download button will launch free DLL download process.
- Save the file to its default folder / directory.
We all know that DLL errors could disable Internet connection on the affected machines. To fix the problem of this kind, you will need to download the missing DLL files through some other ways. To make it easier for you to fix DLL problems faster, please try the following:
- Download DLL Suite, install and run it on your computer that can connect to Internet.
- Click on DLLPEDIA menu on the left side of the DLL Suite screen.
- Type the DLL name into text box, choose the Windows system and click on Search.
Note: The Windows system should be the same with the one installed on your computer that you are ready to fix and repair.
- Click on More Info on the search results to check the details of the DLL files. If it is not what you need, click on Back and browse other DLL files.
Note: If you see over 2 DLL files with the same name on the search results, please do remember to check if the file path is the same with the one you need. So before you download them from our database, please make sure you download the correct version.
- Download and save the file to your USB, retrieve the file from your USB, save and replace the missing one on your computer.
Note: If these 3 methods can't resolve your DLL errors, please try to register / install DLL and then restart your computer to apply the changes. To start, please try:
- Click on Windows Start, click Run
- Type CMD and press Enter
- Type regsvr32 DLL name and press Enter. (E.g. if DLL name is rundll32.exe, you will need to type regsvr32 rundll32.exe)
As usual, you DLL error can be repaired after registration. If you still get missing DLL error message, the main reason is there is problem with the associated DLL files.
To make it easier for you to understand, here we take d3dcompiler_43.dll as an example.
DLL d3dcompiler_43.dll is used to support Microsoft Direct 3D programs, if there is error in this DLL, you will see d3dcompiler_43.dll is missing from your computer error pop-up when you are trying to start your games like Battlefield 3, Stronghold 3, Need for Speed the Run (NFS), Heroes 6 of Might and Magic, etc.
If you don't fix d3dcompiler_43.dll error immediately, you would receive kernel32.dll entry point not found error during system or game startup later. Error like d3dx11.dll can't load will appear, too. From this point, you can see that the error sometimes is not caused by a single DLL file. To completely fix and repair DLL problems, you need to fix their associated files.
How to fix DLL files associated with DLL error?
The most easy and simple solution is to reinstall your Windows, or do a system restore, but here we don't suggest that as the first one costs time and the second one can make your important files become lost.
Here we suggest that you try a new way to fix DLL files. What we recommend for you is to use DLL repair tool – DLL Suite. It is designed to fix DLL missing errors, repair blue screen of death, download missing DLL files for free, and replace DLL files infected by virus, spyware and malware for computers running Microsoft Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows XP and Windows Vista, both 32-bit and 64-bit operating systems.
DLL Suite features DLL error fixing and repairing tools that can check any incorrect DLL version on your computer and fix them automatically. To start, you can take the following:
- Click on Dashboard menu after DLL Suite startup.
- DLL Suite will start to scan incorrect DLL files after clicking scan button.
- DLL Suite will start to repair your DLL problems after clicking on the button that says Fix DLL Errors.
Before you do this, please make sure that your computer can connect to the Internet.
The whole process would take around 30 minutes; the detailed time depends on the number of DLL errors on your computer.
DLL Suite is available in 18 languages, for the details, please click here.