STEPHEN SPROWSON asked on February 22, 2013. Status: Answered & Closed.
Application Error 0xc0000022 For All Exe Files
» On start up I get a explorer.exe application error (0xc0000022) with a message that the application will close. The screen goes blank - I can ctrl-alt-delete to get the menu items up, but any option I choose (task manager) for example, I end up with the same error message (taskmgr.exe application error etc). I had a CA virus alert for a shell32.exe file yesterday - it would appear to be related?
On startup, some users keep on getting an application error 0Xc0000022 just like the one below: The application was unable to start correctly (0Xc0000022). Click OK to close the application."
However, when clicking on OK, the computer just goes to a black screen. Even though they have gone to Task Manage to by hitting Ctrl+Alt+Delete to start the file explorer.exe from the file name, same application error message happen. What is up and how can you solve application error 0Xc0000022 immediately.
To fix application error 0Xc0000022, first you have to make sure that the computer is completely virus clean. Right now with the development of the computer technology, most viruses or malware have been written in order to make money. That is, after getting onto the computer secretly, they are able to gather user information, display unwanted pop-up ads, attack & remove any system file, or reset your default computer/web browser/account settings, etc. If the system cannot locate the required files to launch a certain program, it will soon display a code 0Xc0000022 application error. By the way, viruses(Backdoor:Win32/Bifrose.AE) can seriously harm your computer to make it sometimes end up with frequent blue screen errors, freezing or crashes. It is best that you can let your antivirus antispyware program always running in the background to block and remove all threats.
Secondly, run a SFC/Scannow to completely scan the whole system and repair all missing, corrupted or broken system files. If some system files required by the system cannot be found properly, an application error 0Xc0000022 can also happen. The sfc /scannow command (System File Checker) thoroughly scans the integrity of all protected Windows system files and automatically replaces the incorrect, corrupted, broken, or damaged versions with the correct versions if possible. To do this, just go to Start, run, type "sfc/scannow" within the box and press Enter to continue.
All in all, though many aspects can bring in the happening of application error 0Xc0000022 you are able to fix it directly with the simple solution DLL Suite. With its help, you can do away with BSOD, exce virus infection and restore the performance of your pc!
DAVID PRADENAS replied on February 28, 2013
- DOUGLAS HOBBS replied on February 22, 2013: » I would suggest you to boot the computer in Safe Mode and check if the issue still persist.
Safe mode is useful for troubleshooting problems with programs and drivers that might not start correctly or that might prevent Windows from starting correctly.
1. Remove all floppy disks, CDs, and DVDs from your computer, and then restart your computer.
Click the Start button, click the arrow next to the Shut Down button, and then click Restart.
2. If your computer has a single operating system installed, press and hold the F8 key as your computer restarts. You need to press F8 before the Windows logo appears. If the Windows logo appears, you'll need to try again by waiting until the Windows logon prompt appears, and then shutting down and restarting your computer.
If your computer has more than one operating system, use the arrow keys to highlight the operating system you want to start in safe mode, and then press F8.
3. On the Advanced Boot Options screen, use the arrow keys to highlight the safe mode option you want, and then press Enter.
4. Log on to your computer with a user account that has administrator rights.
When your computer is in safe mode, you'll see the words Safe Mode in the corners of your monitor. To exit safe mode, restart your computer and let Windows start normally.
- STEPHEN SPROWSON replied on February 22, 2013: » I just started getting this error sometime this week. It seems to have happened to very many others as well.
A bit of investigating led to people who have stated this is related to CA Internet Suite. I too had this installed, so I went into "safe mode" and uninstalled the entire suite.
- WINSTON DRAUNJO replied on February 24, 2013: » You may run System File Checker [SFC] scan on the computer which will replace the missing or corrupt files. Then check if the issue persists.
a. i. Type cmd in start search box.
ii. Right click on cmd in the Program list and then select the option Run as administrator.
iii. If you are prompted for an administrator password or for confirmation, type your password, or click Continue.
b. Type the following command, and then press ENTER:
- DONALD RUDBART replied on February 26, 2013: » The best bet here would be to check in safe mode if the same error shows up.
To get into safe mode, refer: Start your computer in safe mode
If you succeeded in getting into safe mode, follow the instructions from the article below to run System File Checker scan. This scans for any integrity violation and repairs corrupted system file if there's any.
- CLAIR SWANN replied on February 26, 2013: » I would suggest you start your computer in a Clean Boot to disable all third party software and see if you are able to duplicate this issue.
DLL Q & A You Might Like:
- Popup Error Message With Nvcpl.dll Invald Access »
- Explorer.exe Freeze Constantly »
- Bingsurrogate.exe Using More Space »
- BSOD Error Due To Ntoskrnl.exe »
- EPSXe.exe Has Stopped Working »
- SearchProtocolHost.exe And SearchIndexer.exe Causing High CPU Usage »
- Setdefault.exe 0x000007b Error At Startup »