PHILIP MASSE asked on March 14, 2013. Status: Answered & Closed.
CtaMon.dll Error Message Always Displays
» When I start up Windows 7, I always got the following error message:
There was a problem starting CtaMon.dll The specified module could not be found. How can I resolve the error message?
Ctamon.dll file belongs to product SPIMon Generic Persistent Module and was developed by company Creative Technology Ltd.. This Dynamic-link Library file has description SPIMon Generic Persistent Module. Agregate rating is 5 stars - based on 1 reviews. This library can be loaded and executed in any running process.
The CtaMon issue crops up on forums with respect to Creative Labs audio matters.... and is often rectified by downloading the appropriate "Creative " driver ......Users have reported this occurrence after recent Windows updates!
You may be infected with malware or viruses/Trojan(Trojan:MSIL/Bladabindi.F). Try to run anti-malware programs (in safe mode with networking if necessary). After that, you need to download CtaMon.dll and replace the inflicted one. And some other dll files have also been affected by the infection and need to be fixed.
For all these actions, you'd like to consider DLL Suite, cause it has a complete, clean and safe dll file library, and can be used to get rid of virus infection at the same time. Plus, it's easy to operate and enables free download of any dll file for your choice!
PETRUS BREDEKAMP replied on March 20, 2013
- DONALD RUSSELL replied on March 14, 2013: » To perform a clean boot on a computer that is running Windows Vista, follow these steps.
1. Click Start, type msconfig in the Start Search box, and then press ENTER.
If you are prompted for an administrator password or for a confirmation, type the password, or click Continue.
2. On the General tab, click Selective Startup.
3. Under Selective Startup, click to clear the Load Startup Items check box.
4. Click the Services tab, click to select the Hide All Microsoft Services check box, and then click Disable All.
5. Click OK.
6. When you are prompted, click Restart.
7. After the computer starts, reinstall and start the program and check whether the problem is resolved.
- KEVIN KLEIN replied on March 15, 2013: » Open msconfig then go to the startup tab.
Under it find "ctamon" (It might be capitalized).
Click the box next to it so it is NOT checked.
And your good to go :D.
- LARRY ZURBRICK replied on March 16, 2013: » This happened to me and it turns out ctamon.dll is a driver used by Creative. It seems that a recent Win 7 driver or driver update installed the driver for my Creative Labs Arena Headset and I started getting this error. I went to creative's website and download their driver and the problem went away. Hopefully this helps, good luck.
- ERICK HOLLIDAY replied on March 17, 2013: » Thank you so much. After installed the Creative Labs Arena Headset driver, my Windows 7 boot is perfect and the CtaMon.dll error vanished.
- BOBBIE PHELPS replied on March 18, 2013: » Thank you. By pure luck I found your good advice and YES. The Window 7 driver from Microsoft creates an error on startup, so simply downloaded the manufactors driver - works perfectly and even better sound.
DLL Q & A You Might Like:
- COMCTL32.dll File Suddenly Lost »
- Right Hotfix For Blue Screen Of Death »
- Geoobjtrackavi.dll Missing »
- LogiLDA.dll Module Could Not Be Found »
- Need To Reinstall Corefoundation.dll »
- Problem Event Name BlueScreen 0000000000000003 »
- Windows 7 Getting Error Ststring.dll Missing At Startup »