D3dx9_38.dll is Corrupted
JOHN ONEILL asked on January 3, 2013. Status: Answered & Closed.
D3dx9_38.dll is Corrupted and Installing Directx Doesnt Help
» The file d3dx9_38.dll is corrupted and installing directx doesnt help anything. The problem I have is with the game, swtor, star wars the old republic. how to fix it? THANKS FOR HELP!
Basically, renaming the file makes it invalid. Deleting the original should do the same, but in this case, whatever it works.
Windows error messages are often misleading, Believe it or not, Windows does often get confused as to the real source of a problem. Generally speaking, it is best to replace a corrupted dll file and fix the related errors at the same time, thus to avoid a similar error in future.
DLL Suite has the built-in features of fixing missing or corrupted dll file, exe virus infection (Worm:Win32/Ainslot.A) and sys file problems. Download DLL Suite, install and run > Click Dashboard menu and > Click Scan DLL Errors button > Click Fix DLL Errors button after the scan. And all the problems are fixed, because of the above built-in features in the Dashboard menu.
What's more, it has a special ability to deal with any kinds of game dll error, a real handy helper for gamers!
KRISTINA HEWITT replied on January 9, 2013
- WAYNE ARUNDALE replied on January 4, 2013: » Click Start
Type: CMD, from the results, right click CMD
Click 'Run as Administrator'
At the Command Prompt, type: sfc/scannow
This will check for any integrity violations
Restart your system
- JOHN ONEILL replied on January 4, 2013: » I was already told to do this by the swtor support, it didnt help then. So then I tried it again, it found no errors, and it didnt work. What else could work... I have tried reinstalling with admin, turning off firewall/antivirus, reinstalling directx... everything. What else can possible fix this corrupted file?
- STEVEN BLACK replied on January 5, 2013: » Re-read what I said regarding deleting the potentially corrupt file.
What was the message that says the file is corrupt?
If you used the Web Installer it would not fix a corrupt file as the Web installer does not overwrite the files, but the full Redistributable should. If a file is in fact reinstalled then it should no longer be corrupt as the corrupt file should be replaced. If it is not replaced it has not been reinstalled. Minimum specs for the game are HD6250 with 256MB VRAM, but if your 3000 has 256MB VRAM it may still run the game at low settings, but not necessarily.
- JOHN ONEILL replied on January 6, 2013: » The message is : C:\Windows\system32\d3dx9_38.dll is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error. Try installing the program again using the original installation media or contact your system administrator or the software vendor for support.
Well so far reinstalling it does not work.
I have 4g ram, 1tb, MS Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit SP 1
AMD Athlon II X2 220 Processor.
- CHRIS JONES replied on January 7, 2013: » I see from a quick search that you are not the only one with this problem.
This was an interesting approach - Problem fixed: I renamed the d3dx9_38.dll in both the System32 and SysWOW64 folders to d3dx9_38.dll.old and then ran the DX installer. Now the game will launch.
DLL Q & A you might like:
- How to remove IE, Firefox and Chrome "SweetIM" spyware »
- Windows 7 Computer Getting Error Ststring.dll Is Missing »
- A Complete Way to Fix D3d10.dll Not Found Error »
- A Reliable Way to Fix Game.dll Error »
- How to Fix Halmacpi.dll Errors Including BSOD »