MILTON CARNES asked on March 6, 2013. Status: Answered & Closed.
DwmHintDxUpdate Failure With USER32.dll
» I have a Win 7 Ultimate machine. I keep getting the error: The procedure entry point DwmHintDxUpdate could not be located in the dynamic link library USER32.dll.
User32.dll is a file that controls the message alert boxes & window-panes when you are using your computer. Each software program on your system or any component of Windows has to use this DLL file to help your computer run as smoothly as possible. It's an essential file inside Windows, but if you're getting errors from it, you really need to be able to fix the problem for good.
User32.dll errors are extremely common and annoying for a lot of people. They appear when you try to use a program on your computer – posting an error that includes the "User32.dll" file in its description. This problem may occur for several reasons.
Viruses(Backdoor:Win32/Delf.CE) can infect DLL files and cause them to become unusable. This is a big problem for Windows because if it cannot read the dll files it needs, it will end up having errors and other problems. It's recommended that you download and run an antivirus program to scan through your PC and remove any of the viruses that are inside it. This will help you to get your system to run smoother and will also make sure that the error does not come back.
To fix the User32.dll errors, you basically either need to repair or reinstall the software, hardware component or files that are causing the error, allowing it to be read quickly and smoothly by your PC. In order to fix the User32.dll error, here's what needs to be done: use DLL Suite to scan all the associated dll errors after the antivirus scan, and then free download the faulty dll files with DLL Suite. With it, a missing dll file can also be downloaded for free anytime you want.
JAMIE FETSCH replied on March 12, 2013
- LAURIE TOBIN replied on March 6, 2013: » I write applications and when installing pre-existing applications that run on Win XP and Vista fine this problem showed up in some versions of Windows Vista. In the application if you "hover" over a button there is a "hint" that can pop up. What we've found so far is that if you keep clicking on the error boxes the main application will show up. Making changes however causes the cycle to repeat for objects that need to re-paint.
When I find the solution, I'll post it here, but suspect that it will only be fixed by the developers.
- MILTON CARNES replied on March 6, 2013: » The top of the box said Aurora.src. It was the screen-saver provided by Microsoft. The DEFAULT screen saver provided with Windows 7 is incompatible with Windows 7 64 bit, causes a message box and often freezes the system for a few minutes. This is on the released version not a beta.
Anyway choosing another screen-saver seems to fix the problem.
- NORMAN MONTGOMERY replied on March 7, 2013: » The problem comes from a dll called dwmapi.dll - Desktop Window Manager. This is a windows dll, and you have the wrong version in your computer.
All you have to do is search for this dll in your computer, and find out where and which versions are there. If you find this dll with version 6 (vista), then this is the cause of your trouble: Rename it to something else, and try again.
I spent a lot of time till i found out this pain-in-the-kneck dll, and it worked for me.
- JAMES PITT replied on March 9, 2013: » Mine is not screen saver related. Happened with TweakNow RAM idle Pro:RAM2_XP.exe I have windows 7 is this the problem?
- ISRAEL BERKOVITZ replied on March 11, 2013: » I install LOL on Win 7 Ultimate machine,but i come across this problem.The solution is:
1. Find dwmapi.dll file here in the system files, C:\Windows\System32\dwmapi.dll ,2. Then overwrite the dwmapi.dll in your application, you can search it. In League of Legends (LOL) ,it's this path, C:\RiotGames\LOLUS\RADS\solutions\lol_game_client_sln\releases\0.0.0.182\deploy
You can do this for other application as well.
DLL Q & A You Might Like:
- BCCode 1000007e Blue Screen Of Death »
- Custom Dynamic Link Libraries Loaded For Every Application »
- Ieframe.dll And Urlmon.dll To Be Fixed »
- How To Change A Dll File Back To Normal »
- Shell32.dll USER32.dll Error On Windows 7 64 Bit »
- Windows Explorer Crashes Constantly »