Internet Explorer 8 error
PIYACHAT CHATCHAI asked on February 13, 2013. Status: Answered & Closed.
Having Auto Closing Trouble With Explorer 8
» I have xp sp3 and whenever i launch internet explorer 8 it opens up closes again on its own why?
Internet Explorer is a web browsing program used by many people to surf the Internet. As with any software program, users of Internet Explorer have been known to have difficulties with the program. One annoying thing you may encounter is that your version of Internet Explorer constantly shutting down. This could cause you to lose work and time and become very frustrating in a hurry. Fortunately, there are steps you can take to remedy this problem and keep your Internet Explorer from shutting down each time that you use it.
This may be caused by the viruses like Backdoor:Win32/Tapazom.B, then you need to download and run both an anti-virus program and an anti-malware program(such as Hit Malware). These programes will search for and remove any infections that are causing Internet Explorer to shut down. Use the links in the Resources section below to find download links for both of these programs.
Or you can use DLL Suite to fix any virus infection by the virus like Backdoor:Win32/Tapazom.B for Explorer 8.
TRACE BEVELL replied on February 16, 2013
- ALL CUSTOMER replied on February 13, 2013: » Have you tried reinstalling Internet Explorer?
You can get the latest version from here: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=43
Also, please check to see if you're able to use IE in the Windows Safe Mode.
If this is a recent problem, you might also want to tell us if you installed any Win updates or third party programs before this started happening.
Obtain and install the latest hardware device drivers for your system from the system/hardware manufacturers' support and/or download web site.
- DANIEL BEDNAR replied on February 13, 2013: » Now that your system is generally free of malware, you have cleaned up the 'extra applications' that might be running and taking up your valuable memory and processor, you have cleared out some valuable drive space and made sure there are no issues with the drive itself and your Windows Update components are updated and should be working in top shape - there is only one other thing you may wish to do:
- PIYACHAT CHATCHAI replied on February 13, 2013: » I tried uninstalling and re-installing it. Didn't work. I tried all the methods in the windows article but still it's not working. I has installed Panda Cloud antivirus with its toolbar before this problem started.
- GEORGE ALDRIDGE replied on February 15, 2013: » Have you tried to open Internet Explorer Browser in Safe Mode with Networking?
Step 1: If not, please follow the article mentioned below:
A description of the Safe Mode Boot options in Windows XP:
Step 2: If it works in safe mode, you may want to perform Clean Boot to see if any third party is causing the issue.
- JONATHAN MUCK replied on February 15, 2013: » You examine the System and Applications logs to see if an error was recorded in either of these logs at the time this occurs. Sometimes an error message there can point in the right direction. To bring up the Event Viewer: Start -> Run -> "eventvwr.msc" or Start -> Programs -> Administrative Tools -> Event Viewer
then click on "System" and "Applications" in the left column and examine the log entries for errors.
DLL Q & A You Might Like:
- EXE Default Association Problem Windows 7 »
- Exe File Association Lost Need Permanent Solution »
- Exe Files No Longer Open On User Account »
- Explorer.exe Uses 99% Of CPU In One Windows Account »
- System Restarts Automatically At Mup.sys »
- Qsfsfltr.sys Making Win XP Crash »
- Unable To Open EXE Or Any Applications Error »