ANTONIO FILHO asked on March 10, 2013. Status: Answered & Closed.
Hdaudbus.sys Not Digitally Signed
» Windows 7 refuses to activate the driver for my onboard audio (hdaudbus.sys) on the grounds that it is not digitally signed. I have had the same problem a few times after a Windows update, and always managed to clear it by rolling the update back and trying again. This time there was no update, just a reboot, and my workaround isn't working. If my file really is damaged, where can I find a correct digitally signed copy? I have the original driver DVD but do not know how to extract from it.
The file HDAudBus.sys is a Windows driver. Located in the folder C:\Windows\System32\drivers. Known file sizes on Windows 7/XP are 138,752 bytes (37% of all occurrences), 144,384 bytes and 4 more variants. This driver can be started or stopped from Services in the Control Panel or by other programs. The program is not visible and not a Windows core file.
This driver is on the High Definition Audio Bus and is essential to the Front Panel Audio operation. If the front panel audio is improperly configured，then the hdaudbus.sys driver will cause problems when an audio jack is plugged into the front or rear jack. Setting bios to AC97 prevents BSOD when plugging into front jack but does not eliminate error when plugging into rear HD Jack. BSOD suggests disabling video adapter since driver is installed when video driver is installed.
Hdaudbus.sys file can become a big problem if it is damaged or corrupted, because of 1) improper software uninstall or install; 2) incompatible file versions; 3) Windows not updated with the last version; 4) improper deletion of this program; 5) a PC infection(TrojanSpy:MSIL/Dyflog.A); 6) invalid Windows registry files; 7) corrupted Windows registry entries, resulting in Hdaudbus.sys file not found, system crashing or blue screen of death (BSOD).
As for the last 4 reasons, DLL Suite can be used well enough. It is especially useful for the daily PC Users: a totally automated free repair tool supports for free download and fix of any .dll file, .exe file or .sys file. DLL Suite is an advanced DLL files fixer designed to fix all the daily computer problems related to DLL files, EXE files and SYS files. DLL Suite allows you to download hdaudbus.sys file and any other .sys files.
RAFAL LESNIAK replied on March 16, 2013
- THERESA MCPARLANF replied on March 10, 2013: » So you made the mistake of using windows update for drivers?
hdaudbus.sys is not a win7 driver.
What is the make/model of PC, or motherboard if generic desktop?
- LIGIA MONROY replied on March 11, 2013: » No, I didn't. There is no reason to think the driver has ever been updated. I let Windows suggest updates it fancies doing and then permit those that look plausible, a sound driver has never been offered. I can't find any relevant websites with suitable sound drivers.
- JANET GAETA replied on March 12, 2013: » In Windows Update Settings select only Important Updates, untick reccommended updates. In any windows Update, for recommended updates, the more information link details what exactly that update is for, so it appears from your explanation that you have been installing recommended updates. So turn OFF recommended updates.
The drivers are obtained from gigabyte site. The board uses realtec audi and an Ati chipset
Having selected your correct win7 bit version, install them all (Though you can ignore the raid drivers if you are not using raid
- ANTONIO FILHO replied on March 13, 2013: » That looks positively brilliant, - but - the download is not digitally signed and my virus program (Kaspersky) is most unwilling to let me run it. Also, even if it is OK, if the driver it installs is also not signed I will be no better off than I am now.
Kaspersky actually says, that the file appeared more than a month ago and has been used by over 1000 Kaspersky users, none of whom have said they trust it. I have no idea how significant their opinion is.
- JANET GAETA replied on March 15, 2013: » Theres frequent advice when installing drivers to turn off any AV as it can impact on the installation, and if you are getting that warning from your AV, clearly your AV is at fault.
The drivers from gigabyte site are signed drivers, and since the drivers are supplied direct from the hardware maker what has any AV maker got to do with it? Its the HW maker who produces drivers for their HW, not MS or Kaspersky
DLL Q & A You Might Like:
- Ewusbnet.sys Blue Screen Error In Windows 7 »
- Rdyboost.sys Blue Screen On Startup »
- How To Troubleshoot And Solve Blue Screen 0x000000F4 »
- Memory Management Blue Screen Error »
- NDProxy.sys, Srv.sys, And Vga.sys Installation Delay »
- How To Reduce Hiberfil.sys File Size »
- Safe Mode Freezes On Avgidshx.sys »