LORNE NELSON asked on March 8, 2013. Status: Answered & Closed.
How To Copy IOPORT.SYS DRIVER
» I'm trying to install/run codevisionAVR compiler. It's a program to write code to a microcontroller IC. I have Windows 7, 64-bit. Error message says: EIOPortError in module cvavr.exe at 001406A4 . Can't start IOPORT.SYS driver. Make sure you have IOPORT.SYS driver copied in C:\\Windows\SYSTEM32\DRIVERS directory.
IOPORT.SYS is simply a process used by your PC to open and execute the files that are required to run software and applications. It is known to all that Windows includes a huge number of files and folders, which are the main programs that comprise Windows operating system.
A IOPORT.SYS file should only be located in the Windows\system32 folder of your pc as this is the default path where this file is designed to execute from. Unfortunately, some of the undetected spyware(VirTool:MSIL/Injector.CW) may be responsible for the IOPORT.SYS errors occurring on your computer by placing a file with the similar name. Moreover, an uninstall of a program that has been performed incorrectly or incompletely may also lead to the IOPORT.SYS errors.
Spyware is a new type of computer threat, spyware can be installed in the computer in many ways, once it is installed, your personal information such as online account number, passwords, credit card numbers in the computer will be collected and send back to remote server for malicious purpose. Most of the spyware is capable of opening backdoor to ship in other threats such as Trojan, worms that makes the computer even more vulnerable. Spyware can also delete system file without user notice and bring you different kinds of system errors such as the IOPORT.SYS error.
It is recommended to use DLL Suite to fix IOPORT.SYS BSOD after an antivirus scan, because it is able to repair the damaged connections between the associated system files and restore your pc to normal.
NICHOLAS BONANNO replied on March 14, 2013
- PATRICIA RAMOS replied on March 8, 2013: » Check in device manager if there is a yellow exclamation or a question mark besides any of the device listed.
To open device manager follow the link given below.
You might need to install the drivers for the device, check if any software is provided by the manufacturer with device.
- DURVAL HENKE replied on March 8, 2013: » Method 1:
There is no information if the application that you are trying to install is compatible with windows 7 or not. You may try to install the same in compatibility mode of earlier version of Windows and check if that helps. Follow the link given below for more information.
Also, if you are using Windows 7 Professional, Ultimate or Enterprise editions you may install Windows XP mode and check if the application runs there.
- ALLISON GORMAN replied on March 10, 2013: » i got this problem too .. now it's been solved
right click --> properties --> compatibility --> Run this program in compatibility mode for: Windows 98 / Windows Me
and mark [Run this program as an administrator]
- GLENN WITHERSPOON replied on March 12, 2013: » you will need to contact the program developers for support. I would imagine that the driver you are referring to is likely not 64bit. If this is the case, there is no way you will be able to utilize the driver on a 64bit version of Windows.
- LORNE NELSON replied on March 13, 2013: » Finally got it. It turns out a window that was supposed to open so I can select the folder location for my license file was not opening and the program just stopped.
Now only if the creators would send a copy of paint that is actually worthy, I would have a complete system.
DLL Q & A You Might Like:
- Delete Hiberfil.sys To Save Some Disk Space »
- Notification.Dll File Registration Problem »
- MSVC90.dll COMCTL32.dll And Gdiplus.dll Files Missing »
- Netio.sys Error Blue Screen Windows 7 Ultimate BSOD »
- How To Reduce Hiberfil.sys File Size »
- Rdyboost.sys Blue Screen On Startup »
- Sqlite3-Wal-Checkpoint Not Be Located In SQlite3.dll »