MSVC90.dll COMCTL32.dll Gdiplus.dll
LIGIA MONROY asked on March 8, 2013. Status: Answered & Closed.
MSVC90.dll COMCTL32.dll And Gdiplus.dll Files Missing
» I have Windows 7, with 3 missing .dll files. The 3 missing files are: MSVC90.dll, COMCTL32.dll, and gdiplus.dll. Any ideas?
The file gdiplus.dll is typically included in installations of Windows XP and later. However, it may be missing or permissions may not allow access to the file. The file gdiplus.dll is used by programmers in designing certain graphical interfaces for Windows based applications.If you receive an error that the file gdiplus.dll is missing or cannot be found, you may need to download the file. The file can be placed in the folder with ExpressMaintenance or in a common Windows folder where the user has permission to access.
The comctl32.dll module is Microsoft Common Control DLL. It is a dynamic link library that contains Common Graphical User Interface (GUI) components which provides common Windows objects such as list boxes, combo boxes etc. used by Windows applications. The DLL comctl32.dll includes components known as Windows Common Controls for the use of caller applications and used in a large number of programs. This is distributed together with the applications that use it, and bundled through the application install program.
The system tells you it can not find a specific DLL and refuses to open the application. This happens when the dynamic link library was not included in the installation package or the DLL file has somehow become corrupted. The cause may be installation & uninstallation of a program, or by some viruses/Trojan(Backdoor:Win32/Bifrose.IQ).
In this case, after an antivirus scan, you need DLL Suite to free download and install these files in a clean and safe way. Dll Suite allows you to fix these dll errors easily and professionally.
GERHARD LUDWIG replied on March 14, 2013
- MARCELA DAVIS replied on March 8, 2013: » I'm glad to provide you with these steps which will help you to resolve issue with DLL files.
Run System File Checker tool and check for missing or corrupted files. Follow the steps in the link:
"How to use the System File Checker tool to troubleshoot missing or corrupted system files on Windows Vista or on Windows 7"
Run fixit from the link and check if the issue occurs uninstalling and reinstalling the programs:
"Fix problems with programs that can't be installed or uninstalled"
- LESLIE BELCHER replied on March 8, 2013: » You don't use any utilities that claim to fix registry err's or missing dll files. Misuse of such utilities can lead to sys or program failure, or an infection.
And why would you wish to install a file you have no idea what its for, just because some unknown app is telling you files are missing
- LIGIA MONROY replied on March 9, 2013: » The error messages come up on start up and when I try to use Power Point Viewer, or reinstall programs, such as iTunes. I have investigated it and the .dll files are a necessary part of the operating systems, and also won't allow me to use Microsoft Media Player, either, so I do need/want them. The .dll (dynamic logic library) files that are missing are Windows 7 files, so I do know what they are for and what they do, so thanks for nothing!
- PATRICIA NOLTON replied on March 12, 2013: » I suggest you install the msvcr90.dll which is part if the Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 SP1 Redistributable package.
The Microsoft Visual C++ 225, 2008, Redistributable Packages installs runtime components of Visual C++ Libraries required to run applications developed with Visual C++ on a computer that does not have Visual C++ 2005, 2008 or 2010 installed. The Msvcr90.dll is included in Microsoft Visual C++ 2008
- PERRY PRICE replied on March 13, 2013: » run System File checker to see if you have any corrupted system files.
Click Start, then type: CMD, from the results, right click CMD, then Click 'Run as Administrator'. At the Command Prompt, type: sfc /scannow
This will check for any integrity violations and fix any corrupted operating system files. Restart your system. Now see if you are getting the same error message for missing .dll files.
DLL Q & A You Might Like:
- Delete Hiberfil.sys To Save Some Disk Space »
- How To Copy IOPORT.SYS DRIVER »
- How To Repair Corrupted .dll Files With SFC/Scannow »
- NDProxy.sys, Srv.sys, And Vga.sys Installation Delay »
- Netio.sys Error Blue Screen Windows 7 Ultimate BSOD »
- Rdyboost.sys Blue Screen On Startup »
- Sqlite3-Wal-Checkpoint Not Be Located In SQlite3.dll »