SUSAN FIELDS asked on March 13, 2013. Status: Answered & Closed.
Microsoft Updates Cause Automatic Playing
» I recently installed the microsoft update. Now my computer will automatically start playing music commercials, ect. When it happens I look in the start up box and nothing is running. How can I take this off?
go to task manager and go to processes. if u see 2 processes named b.exe and c.exe right click b.exe and go to open file location. now in task manager end b.exe and c.exe. now delete both of them then empty ur hardrive. u must end the process and delete fast or it will start back up and u wont be able to delete it unless u end the process again, because u cant delete it while its running.
Then use DLL Suite to fix the associated dll file errors and restore the performance of your Pc.
LORRAINE MEINCKE replied on March 19, 2013
- TIMOTHY CARROLL replied on March 13, 2013: » Step 1
You may boot into ‘Safe mode’ and check if the issue occurs. It will start Windows 7 with a limited set of files and drivers. Startup programs do not run in safe mode, and only the basic drivers needed to start Windows are installed.
If the issue does not persist in safe mode, you may configure the computer in clean boot state and check if the issue reoccurs. It will start Windows 7 by using a minimal set of drivers and startup programs and helps to eliminate software conflicts.
- SAN JOSE replied on March 14, 2013: » My mother is also having this problem. I ran AVG and it found 4 threats and can not remove 2 of them. Also her computer is crashing saying it needs the video device driver to be updated and Microsoft finds it a threat so it keeps crashing it. I have performed all of Microsofts updates and it still crashes, so I believe this is also a virus(Worm:Win32/Gamarue.P). Is there a product that can remove real tough Trojans. When the commercial/radio program starts, there is no window that opens. In task manager there show no applications running, however under process tab IE is now running, when i terminate that the talking stops. However it will kick back on again.
- INTERBANK DEBITO replied on March 15, 2013: » This problem has nothing to do with windows Updates, it means your sys is infected.
If you have a PC from a major maker, eg HP/Dell or a laptop, drivers are obtained from that PC maker, not windows Update.
- RAPHAEL ROSENBERG replied on March 16, 2013: » I think that maybe it stems from an adware type application. I also have pinned it down to some older files I have stored on my WinBook Storage Drive. Every time I access those files this happens later after I have downloaded files back to my main hard drive. Then I will run full virus scans and re-boot clean and after a couple tries I can get it to stop. I never have figured out exactly what stops it , just that trying many ways to clean the system and dump temp files seems to work for a while.
- BILL CONDITIONING replied on March 18, 2013: » It seems to happen randomly around every hour. You can stop it by executing an "End Task" on "Explorer.exe" withing task manager. I too have run adware scans and virus scans and turned up nothing. Randomly I will hear a "Click" sound like I was clicking a link in IE however I have no instances of IE open. I hope this information helps.
DLL Q & A You Might Like:
- Classpnp.sys Starting Windows Error »
- Cannot Create New drive And Shrink C Drive As Desired »
- CtaMon.dll Error Message Always Displays »
- Right Hotfix For Blue Screen Of Death »
- System Hanging And Auto Restart Blue Screen »
- Windows 7 Freezes Even After Applying Hotfix KB2265716 »
- Windows 7 Out of Drive Space »