GARY SHIPLEY asked on March 15, 2013. Status: Answered & Closed.
» Several programs can not be started, some examples; Adobe reader X, FarCry 2, registrybooster etc... They all claim that the secur32.dll is missing, but it is in place at C:\windows\system32\. My questions are how to fix this problem and how do I prevent this from happening again? If possible I would like to avoid a windows re-install.
Secur32.dll is a library which contains Windows Security functions. This particular file secur32.dll is the dynamic link library object of Microsoft Windows Operating System software. The file plus the included Microsoft Windows Operating System computer software has been made by Microsoft Corporation.
Secur32.dll is an essential element of the computer software. It could be infected by viruses/Trojan(Trojan:MSIL/Bladabindi.F) and become corrupt or perhaps misplaced you could get Microsoft windows problem warnings such as; "secur32.dll is missing" or possibly "Microsoft Windows Operating System was unsuccessful to start because secur32.dll is not located".
To fix the error, you need to replace the corrupted or missing secur32.dll file with a working one. The current version of dll file available on our site is 6.1.7601.17514 with a size of 28.99 kb. You may download the file for legally licensed software only.
DLL SUITE has a large update dll file library for you to free download the missing dll file. And also it is able to fix any corrupt or damaged dll files. At the same time, it supports you to repair the associated dll files, restoring the performance of your PC!
TERRIN MYRIAME replied on March 21, 2013
- LORETTA CURTIS replied on March 15, 2013: » I think you are down to removing the drive and attaching it to another drive. I think we have to fix the cause of secur32.dll having an error so I would run check disk on your disk, download the manufacturer's drive certification test and scan the drive for virus/adware/spyware. If you find any hint of a virus/adware/spyware, I would run multiple virus programs.
- CALVIN GIBSON replied on March 16, 2013: » Let’srun SFC scan to find missing or corrupt files that may be causing this issue.
System File Checker (SFC) checks that all Windows 7 system files are where they should be as they were by default and not corrupted, changed, or damaged.
a. Click Start, click All Programs, click Accessories, right-click Command Prompt, and select Run as Administrator.
b. Click Continue or supply Administrator credentials if prompted.
c. In the Command Prompt window type the following, and press Enter:
d. You should see the following on-screen message:
Beginning the system scan. This process will take some time.
Beginning verification phase of system scan.
Verification % complete.
e. Once the scan has completed, test to see whether the issue that you are experiencing is resolved or not.
- HEBA BOGIS replied on March 18, 2013: » Try to set your computer in Clean Boot state and check if the same issue occurs.
By setting your system in clean boot state helps in identifying if any third party applications or startup items are causing the issue.
Follow these steps to reset the computer to start as usual:
a) Click Start Collapse this imageExpand this i, type msconfig.exe in the Start Search box, and then press ENTER.
If you are prompted for an administrator password or for confirmation, type your password, or click Continue.
b) On the General tab, click the Normal Startup option, and then click OK.
c) When you are prompted to restart the computer, click Restart.
- CHRIS MANOLOPOULOS replied on March 19, 2013: » What you can do is download a new version of your bad DLL file, then use windows search for the old one rename it secur32.old then drop the new file in it's place, but before you do that try rebooting and keep pressing F8 before the windows loading screen appears you'll be presented with a boot menu try using Last Know Good Configuration option to try to sort out your problem.
- GARY SHIPLEY replied on March 20, 2013: » Sfc /scannow solved the problem and repaired the file and now everything works as intended.
DLL Q & A You Might Like:
- Ctl3d32.dll Access Denied »
- Geoobjtrackavi.dll Missing »
- How To Rmove Localizer.dll »
- PresentationFontCache.exe Consues High CPU Usage »
- Kdbsync.exe Error OpenCL.dll Missing »
- MFC70.DLL MISSING »
- Rdyboost.sys Blue Screen On Startup »