HOWARD TECHAU asked on January 15, 2013. Status: Answered & Closed.
SmarTeam.exe Error After Installing KB976576 On XP
» Whenever I close my product application call SmarTeam application this error. DDE server window: SmarTeam.exe - Application error - The instruction at 0X40008a20 referenced memory at 0x04692140. The memory could not be "read". Click OK to terminate the program. after pressing the O.k button under error appear: DDE server window: SmarTeam.exe - Application error - The exception unknown software exception (0x0eedfade) occurred in the application at location 0x7c812afb. Is this the problem we install on our .NET 3.5 Sp1 the KB976576?
Generally speaking, the exe file runs programs and can be used as a delivery system for viruses or other malicious programs. Viruses often reside to .exe files (such as Trojan:Win32/Baiso.A); they can be running in the background, infecting or compromising the computer.
Besides, whenever an exe file is initiated, it can call a DLL file to check whether the necessary space is available in your hard drive. It will also check if any similar code already exists in the system and then helps the exe file to only write the source code which is necessary in the system.
If you encounter an issue related to both exe file and dll file, normally it should be dealt with at the same time, and you can highly expect such a situation. That's why DLL Suite is invented. This suite has two built-in features of fixing exe virus infection and sys file problems, it works after removing the viruses with antivirus software.
Download DLL Suite, install and run > Click Dashboard menu and > Click Scan DLL Errors button > Click Fix DLL Errors button after the scan. And all the problems are fixed, because of the above two built-in features in the Dashboard menu.
MICHAEL ROE replied on January 22, 2013
- RICHARD SANCHEZ replied on January 15, 2013: » Since you state that KB976576 would be the likely problem for the issue you are facing, I would suggest you to uninstall the update and check if it works fine.
To uninstall the update KB976576, follow the steps below.
1.Open Installed Updates by clicking the Start button, clicking Control Panel, clicking Programs, and then, under Programs and Features, clicking View installed updates. Make a note of the KB article number for the updates that were installed before this issue started.
2.Select the update that were installed and uninstall the updates.
- HOWARD TECHAU replied on January 16, 2013: » Operation system where SmarTeam is running is Windows XP.
I installed update KB976576 excatly from the given by your location http://support.microsoft.com/kb/976576. After installation of update KB976576 the problem appeared. Before installation of update KB976576 the problem wasn't reproducible and appication worked fine. And after I've uninstalled KB976576 everything start to work fine without any problem.
Do you have some another suggestion besides uninstall the update KB976576?
- TERESA TWEEDT replied on January 16, 2013: » At two Windows 2003 Server with SP2 we could fix the problem by deinstalling the KB976576. At our Windows XP 64 clients (SP2) I can´t see the KB976576 ! Which KB Update is equivalent to the 64bit clients?
Even if I try do install the complete .Net applications 3.5, the error doesn´t disappear.
- DONALD SWAIN replied on January 17, 2013: » The easiest way to solve this issue is to uninstall KB976576 and then hide KB982524 in Windows Update so it doesn't get reinstalled.
KB982524 is the complete patch and KB976576 is the part deals with .Net 2, which is the version of .Net that SmarTeam uses.
SmarTeam has conformed that is has a problem with the update and published this:
An issue with MICROSOFT.NET security update has been discovered with the use of SMARTEAM.
- CARLOS TAVERA replied on January 20, 2013: » We too are have just started to see this problem, but we have not installed KB976576. We see the issue when the .Net 4.0 Framework is installed. It looks like KB976576 deploys a subset of the .Net 4.0 DLLs and it is these 4.0.31106.0 DLLs that cause the error to occur. Of course these DLLs are deployed when you install .Net 4.0.
We can hold off deploying .Net 4.0 for a little while, but we will need to deploy it by the end of the year for other applications that we use.
DLL Q & A you might like:
- Blue Screen Ntkrnlmp.exe STOP 3B c0000005 »
- Cannot Uninstall MyFelix.exe »
- Disable Ipoint.exe to Ask The User To Insert A Disk »
- Is Cm106eye.exe A Vista Home 64 Process »
- PresentationFontCache.exe Uses 50%+ of CPU »
- Windows7x64 Explorer.exe Keeps Crashing Randomly »
- Moving Pagefile.sys To Another Partition Affects System Performance »
- SmpSys.exe Has Stopped Working »