JONATHAN BEHIS asked on January 7, 2013. Status: Answered & Closed.
Trying to Install A Program Opens Gadget.exe
» I have win7. When the laptop starts an installation appears. In the task manager the exe is gadget.exe*32. The install wizard never ends. I have to kill the process and next time i turn it on it launches the installation again. Is this a virus?
DLL is comprised of the files with .dll, .exe, .sys, .drv and .fon extensions. Files with .exe extension are one of the favorite targets for malware (or viruses like TrojanClicker:Win32/Eiderf). The vulnerabilities of the files with .dll, .exe and .sys extensions can be exploited to perform illegal purpose, and that is one of the main reasons of computer problems. Instead of copying in any additional files, the malware tends to modify existing files - typically an "exe" or "dll" file - and re-write it to include the malware's own code. The infected system file would inevitably be removed or quarantined by anti-malware programs, leading to the abnormal operation of the system. Therefore, you need to fix this kind of situations by recovering the mistakenly handled exe files or other dll files. Since it’s far from an easy task to finish, DLL Suite is built to deal with it by three built-in features: fixing exe virus infection, sys file errors and dll file problems.
Download DLL Suite, install and run > Click Dashboard menu and > Click Scan DLL Errors button > Click Fix DLL Errors button after the scan. And all the problems directly associated with .exe files or other kind of dll files are fixed.
JOSE MARTINEZ replied on January 13, 2013
- NASSER ALMISNED replied on January 8, 2013: » Start your computer in a clean boot state and see if the issue persists. See How to troubleshoot a problem by performing a clean boot in Windows Vista or in Windows 7 for instructions.
Note: After troubleshooting, make sure to set the computer to start as usual as mentioned in Step 7 in the above KB article.
Method 2: If you do not have an antivirus program installed on your computer, I’d recommend you to download and install the free Microsoft Security Essentials (MSE) from the link below: Microsoft Security Essentials
- PERRINO PIETRO replied on January 8, 2013: » I also tried the methods but the horribly annoying install wizard (process: gadget.exe*32) appears all the time after my PCs started up and 'the installation' never stops!!!!!! I re-formated the computer and it went away...then ran windows update and it came back after the updates were applied!
- DEAN WHITE replied on January 9, 2013: » Old thread but problem is apparently still unresolved. I too have a Samsung computer showing exactly these symptoms. I have been through every step on the Troubleshooter. Samsung tech support say it is obviously a problem with Microsoft software, not Samsung hardware, so I need a solution from Microsoft. Microsoft, what is going on, and how do I stop the Installation starting at every reboot?
- LATINA ALEXANDER replied on January 9, 2013: » This is a virus. I suggest that you go to safe mode. Do the following steps:
Restart your computer > While the computer is starting up, keep tapping f8. > Use the keyboard to choose safe mode. > Once you are inside safe mode, run the Microsoft Safety Scanner. > If you don't have an anti-virus, I suggest that you get one (such as Hit Malware).
You have another option that can make you get rid of this problem: Operating System Reinstallation. Make sure to save your important files in an external storage device. Beware - the virus might get into a USB flash drive or external hdd. You better burn your files in a DVD because DVD. Do this in safemode.
DLL Q & A you might like:
- AUDIODG.EXE High Cpu Usage On NEW Computer »
- Cannot Find Regsvr.exe At Windows Startup »
- Consent.exe Keeps Hanging »
- Csrss.exe File Is Missing »
- Cmd.Exe Application Failed To Initialize (0xc0000142) »
- Windows Cannot Find C:\WINDOWS\System32\Rundll32.exe »
- SVCHOST.exe Trouble: Using Up 25% of My CPU »
- DLL repair tool to fix DLL errors for your Windows PCs »