SALIM ALSHAMSI asked on January 23, 2013. Status: Answered & Closed.
Twaingui.exe Not Responding
» I keep getting an error when trying to scan a document that my twaingui.exe is not responding and my computer freezes. Can anybody help with this?
EXE files allow users to launch programs without needing additional software on the user's computer special software. The exe file is one of the most useful types of files precisely because it runs programs; however, it can be used as a delivery system for viruses or other malicious programs. Viruses(Backdoor:Win32/Delf.CE) often reside to .exe files, which are then re-named to resemble common software packages.
Some files can easily be moved to different locations or be changed in names like many spyware, adware, or popup programs do. It always helps to check your task list also to see what is currently running on your computer. You may see similar program names running if spyware or adware is on your computer.
For an efficient and quickest solution to the free fix of .exe error, you may consider DLL Suite, it is especially useful for the daily PC Users: a totally automated free repair tool supports for free download and fix of any .dll file, .exe file or .sys file.
DLL Suite is a unique DLL file Error fixer. It supports the automatic fix for all kinds of dll errors, be it .dll missing errors, .sys blue screen of death (BSOD) or .exe virus infection, only with a few of mouse clicks. It also allows you to download any missing DLL file for free, regardless of using Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista and Windows XP PCs, for both 32-bit and 64-bit operating systems.
SAMUEL GOSCHA replied on January 29, 2013
- JETTE RAYMENT replied on January 23, 2013: » I also have this same problem. I am running Windows Vista 32 bit version with Kodak Office Hero 6.1 printer since 8 Feb 2012. The printer worked just fine up until a software update for the AiO Home Center came through. After the update, the scan function no longer works and gives me a Microsoft Windows error telling me the twaingui.exe appcrashed.
I told the Tier 2 support tech that the issue is his problem and he told me the issue belongs to Microsoft. His solution is to uninstall Windows Vista and then reinstall the OS again and according to him that will fix the problem. I hate when corporations do not take responsibility for their failures and just own up to the problem.
- SALIM ALSHAMSI replied on January 23, 2013: » Kodak EasyShare 5500. I've had this for two years and only the scanner recently stopped working. I've been with Kodak support for 3 months and they still can't figure out why I can't scan. Everything else works fine. I can't even scan through Windows Scan or Paint. But I noticed when I try to scan through my Kodak, my computer freezes and I get the twaingui.exe error. I have it listed on my Norton as an allowed file. I'm not sure what else to do. I haven't tried uninstalling and reinstalling the twain file because I'm not sure how to do it.
- BOBBY KELLAM replied on January 23, 2013: » twaingui.exe is a Kodak file and is only installed by Kodak software. Windows Fax & scan will not function unless your Kodak device is correctly installed. There are numerous posts on other sites regarding such problems with Kodak devices. If Kodak support cannot help perhaps the device has failed?
Are you able to perhaps try it on another PC? Or if you uninstall any Kodak software, reboot, then use the add printer wizard to see if it will install the default windows update driver, and whether it then functions?
- SALIM ALSHAMSI replied on January 26, 2013: » Thank you I will try that. I did see where this issue is a problem with Kodak printers. I'm upset that the supervisor for Kodak led me to believe that a Twaingui.exe file was a microsoft issue. I specifically asked him if he could uninstall the file and reinstall and he specifically told me I would have to call Microsoft to do that. No more Kodak printers for me.
DLL Q & A You Might Like:
- BChelper.exe System Restore Error »
- Searchindexer.exe Trouble »
- Ehrecvr.exe Appears To Be Using 50% of CPU »
- Installing WinHelp32.exe On Windows 8 Pro »
- Why ToolbarUpdaterService.exe Tying Up 25% of CPU »
- Windows Media Center Mcupdate.exe Exception »
- Wmiprvse.exe CPU Usage Issues »
- Netfxupdate.exe Blocked From Loading From Startup List »