Volsnap.sys Classpnp.sys bsod
PATRICK HALL asked on February 14, 2013. Status: Answered & Closed.
Volsnap.sys Or Classpnp.sys Files Blue Screen Errors
» Over the past month, I've had a series of Blue Screens. The problem points to the Volsnap.sys or Classpnp.sys files. Sometimes the system restarts in the middle of the night and sometimes it freezes while I'm working on it. It's on overnight to do backup and Virus Scans using Trend Micro.
Many BlueScreens are caused by old or corrupted drivers, especially video drivers however there are other causes. It's not always possible to state with certainty whether a reported driver is actually responsible for crashing your system or that the root cause is in another module. In case a piece of malfunctioning hardware is causing trouble, a search with Google on the bug check errors together with the model name and brand of your computer may help you investigate this further.
We also need to be clear of the fact that Volsnap.sys Or Classpnp.sys Files may be infected by malware（PWS:HTML/Phish.GA），resulting in blue screen of death. DLL Suite is thus designed to fix this kind of error by providing a blue screen fix with the feature of Fix BSOD. After a antivirus scan, please just do as follows:
Download DLL Suite, install and run > Click Dashboard menu and > Click Scan DLL Errors button > Click Fix DLL Errors button after the scan
In DLL Suite's Dashboard menu, there is a built-in feature of Fix BSOD, which aims to remove all .sys file related problems automatically, and DLL Suite' MS Tools menu contains all the required Microsoft products necessary to clear disc and remove all the unwanted files. You can clean up your registry and remove the problem of high CPU usage with its help, speeding up your pc!
CHRISTOPHER GUMABON replied on February 18, 2013
- TIMOTEO ALDAPE replied on February 14, 2013: » Results verified by WinDBG, DumpCHK, and BlueScreenView.
TrendMicro is very likely part of this issue as it is known for causing or aggravating such issues. Uninstall it and run the Removal Tool to prevent troublecausing remnants. Below are recommendations to use while testing, even better permanently.
TrendMicro Removal Tool:
List of anti-malware program cleanup/uninstall tools:
- TEZIE SISON replied on February 14, 2013: » Here is what I use and recommend: Avast and Prevx have proven extremely reliable and compatible with everything I have thrown at them. Microsoft Security Essentials and Prevx have also proven to be very reliable and compatible. Use MSE and Prevx or Avast and Prevx however not all 3.
- JANET MOX replied on February 15, 2013: » The Bug_Checks were D1 with CAUSE volsnap.sys and classpnp.sys which are Windows components meaning something else drove them into Fault.
1. Uninstall TrendMicro as it has a role - merely disabling it is not sufficient as it will still load pieces of itself into memory.
2. Volsnap.sys is the Windows volume shadow copy driver and disk issues or other corruption might be in play. Classpnp.sys is the SCSI class system
dll control and disk issues will affect it. Run SFC/scannow and then checkdisk (chkdsk/f/r).
- PAUL WINNETT replied on February 16, 2013: » Think Video drivers mainly though it can be others. BIOS, low level chipset drivers and antivirus/antispyway/security programs can also cause this.
- PATRICK HALL replied on February 17, 2013: » Thank you so much for the detailed information! I'll try your ideas and hopefully come up with a solution.
DLL Q & A You Might Like:
- BlueScreen Atapi.sys On Start Up »
- Cannot Repair WinXP Pro To Startup Due To PCI.sys Missing »
- Bluescreen Ndis.sys Windows 7 »
- Ftdibus.sys Reliably Blue Screen On Windows 7 x32 »
- Unxpecteed Kernel Mode Trap Nvlddmkm.sys »
- Svchost.exe Using 99% Cpu »
- System Restarts Automatically At Mup.sys »
- Windows 7 Tdrpm258.sys Blue Screens »