WILLIAM BITNER asked on March 19, 2013. Status: Answered & Closed.
What Is Nvvsvc.exe Pprocess In Task Manager
» What is this nvvsvc.exe (v v not w) running in task manager? Eatting up a bunch of memory, will not let me end the process, will not tell me where it's located,, i cannot locate it with search, i cannot find in :/C in system 32 or 64 files. I have ran WSE thinking it could be malware or a virus and came back clean. Am running Windows7 HP 64 bit sp1, IE8, WSE for protection. All updates are up to date as of today with windows and WSE. T.U.
Files by the name Nvvsvc.exe are also created by computer virus programs that affect the computers running on the Microsoft windows operating systems. There may be more files created or downloaded by these virus programs. You can find them out. First locate and note down the "date of creation" of the malicious look alike of nvvsvc.exe, and after that, search the hard disk for other files created on that date or onward.
Necessary steps to remove these virus programs:
To remove processes created by the virus program from the Task Manager.
> To search and delete files created by the virus program from the hard disk. Enable to view "hidden files and folders" before you search. Otherwise files created by the virus program inside the hidden folders will not be found.
> To remove virus infection using DLL SUITE.
For any exe virus infection caused by viruses/Trojan(Trojan:HTML/Malhtaccess), after the antivirus scan, you can use DLL Suite to fix the infection and the associated dll errors at first, and then use it to free download the missing dll.
TIMOTHY CLOSE replied on March 25, 2013
- DAVID BROWN replied on March 19, 2013: » Do you have an nVidia video adapter? If so, the below page explains nvvsvc.exe:
nvvsvc.exe at ProcessLibrary.com, http://www.processlibrary.com/directory/files/nvvsvc/433585/
- WILLIAM BITNER replied on March 21, 2013: » I have a nVidia GeForce 6150se nForce 430, which was already installed when i purchased pc back in january and its never given any problems before now. i went to the link you provided but i haven't installed anything. And as far as the registry goes i have an excellent register checker and it shows no issues even tho it has cleaned it up in the past after windows keeps leaving "all" these junk behind. this started in the past week and i haven't used the cleaner that recent. plus the register is always backed up.
Remove whatever they find. (You can search for the links yourself if you do not want to click on those above.)
After that - update the nVidia software through nVidia's web site. They have a scanner that can detect what you have and tell you what to download and install. (You can search for the link yourself.).
- ANDREW BUS replied on March 22, 2013: » Download, install and perform a full system scan with these two (free version) items: MalwareBytes and SuperAntiSpyware.
- WILLIAM BITNER replied on March 23, 2013: » Right now i have 3 nvvcsvc.exe running in task manager.cant find any of them.the only one i do show is nvcsvc.exe which i can locate. I found that by running auto scan. it did not find the other 3 either.this has gotten so slow. I still have my xp pc right here working but cant do much with it. maxed out at 500 on ram and processor speed of only 1.3ghrz. fist time i could not resolve a problem myself in all this time.never messed with vista. i guess i'll try one thing wiping hard drive and and start over with another clean install
DLL Q & A You Might Like:
- Defrag.exe Will Not Start »
- DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE With Ntoskrnl.exe 0x0000009f »
- Dwm.exe System Error During Startup »
- Logonui.exe No Disk When Logging On Or Off »
- NMIndexStoreSvr.exe Stealing Focus From Other Apps »
- Windows 7 Explorer.exe Crashing Ntdll.dll Fault »